Mothership is looking for you if you identify as a senior backend engineer with at least 6 years of experience behind you. You should be able to use a modern technology stack and follow best design, coding and devops practices. You have strong skills, but are technology agnostic and can work with any tool to solve a problem. You think before you do and can articulate your decisions to teammates, provide specification and delivery roadmap. If you believe this sounds like you, then we'd love to welcome you to the Mothership Engineering team.
You will have the challenge to design and implement a cryptocurrency exchange and it's sub-systems to handle dozens of thousands operations a second, make it scalable and reliable. As a senior engineer you will design micro-services and APIs, apply the best development practices with high requirements for security, performance and reliability.
• Design and implement APIs and integrations for multiple tiers of Mothership’s services
• Plan and implement project’s architecture together with dev team
• Participate in code review to provide an expertise and ensure the code quality
• Optimise development process by improving CI/CD pipeline
• Articulate capacity, and monitoring and estimating plans for the services you work on
• Own and deliver maintainable, well-tested code
• 6+ years of software development in web/mobile projects
• Bonus: strong skills in golang
• Production experience using SQL and noSQL storages
• Bonus: experience with Google Cloud Platform services
• Bonus: experience working with Bitcoin and Ethereum networks
• Identify and uphold the best DevOps practices
• Experience building scalable APIs which is able to handle high-volume traffic
• Bonus: experience with streaming data processing
• Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Ability to hack things together quickly
• Both of the Mothership founders are engineers with a solid background in web and mobile app development. You'll be able to collaborate with them and learn a lot.
• We all came from startups and enterprises, and are excited to work together and build great things!
• We operate as a mixed remote and on-site teams, spread across the globe, with our headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia.
• We believe that blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, and decentralised systems will change finance as we know it. And we are making it happen.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
• Competitive salary
• Generous stock options
• Opportunity to make a huge impact on our products
• Visa sponsorship and relocation package
• Hangouts in Tallinn
• Conference passes
• All the books you can read
• A smart and motivated team from all over the world in a well-funded startup
Mothership is based in Tallinn, Estonia. It's a quiet and beautiful city with an excellent infrastructure. We offer a relocation package and will help you get a visa. Besides this, remote employees are first-class citizens in our company; we embrace the remote development culture.