You will have the opportunity to work with world-leading researchers on Blockchains, Cryptography, and Distributed Systems, and work with a team of exceptionally strong software engineers. You will be developing exciting cutting-edge technology.
- Work closely with Software Developers and actively participate in the architectural discussions.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance Team to support the testing infrastructure
- Support production infrastructure and services.
- Deploy Thunder blockchain infrastructure on cloud services like AWS or Azure.
- Provide leadership to the team in mastering technologies, identifying and implementing worthwhile new technologies and improving our processes.
- Support Automation and CI/CD using at least one or two technologies like Jenkins, CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes, or Ansible.
- Manage site reliability and availability, including end-to-end performance, service monitoring, alerting, capacity sizing and planning.
- 24/7 on-call rotation for production support, troubleshooting production, and development issues. (After-hour emergencies are rare, and you will help us make them even rarer!).
- Plan Blockchain deployment and upgrade (hard forks, protocol upgrades, etc.).
- 5+ years of DevOps and system administration experience.
- 3+ years in managing AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure, such as EC2, ECS, S3, IAM, Route53, Elasticache, Load Balancers, CloudWatch etc.
- Familiar with deployments of complex systems.
- Experience in configuring and supporting SaaS environments, provisioning resources, monitoring utilization and making adjustments in accordance with SOPs.
- Knowledgeable with Docker, able to build Docker images and write deployment scripts.
- Skilled with Monitoring/APM tools such as New Relic, CloudWatch, Prometheus.
- Strong background in Linux administration (e.g. Ubuntu, Amazon Linux) and scripting (e.g. shell script, Python).
- Team player, open communicator, problem solver with a sense of humor.
- Experience with network and system security.
- Exposure to mid or late stage startups.
- Kubernetes would be an added advantage.
- Expertise in PostgreSQL and Redis on AWS.
We have great benefit packages for all employees:
-Medical, Dental, Vision
-55% 401K match up to $10,000 a year with 1-year vesting
-3 meals a day while working in the office
-$10,000 referral bonus for any hire staying for 3 months
We are passionate about what we do and we want to share our vision with the world. We would like your help to achieve our mission.
What is Thunder?
Thunder is a new crypto token that is high throughput and confirms transactions in seconds. This is enabled by a paradigm-shifting blockchain protocol, developed by leading experts in cryptography and distributed system, and accompanied by a rigorous mathematical analysis of security.