Smart Contract Engineer in BGD
Full-time: Mid-Senior level
BGD (Bored Ghosts Developing) is a Web3 and DeFi development initiative, with roots in the Aave protocol ecosystem and currently being one of the main technical contributors there.
You will be working with people that did and is doing awesome things like:
- Participated in the creation of the Aave protocol, and all the other systems surrounding it.
- Migrating Aave V2 Ethereum to Aave v3 Ethereum
- Governance proposals’ verification tooling.
- Migration aBPT/stkABPT to Balancer v2.
- Rescue of funds locked on Aave ecosystem contracts.
- Creating Aave Governance v3.
We are looking for an experienced Smart Contract Engineer to join our team and help build-out and scale one of the main DeFi systems (Aave), together with any other idea that BGD comes up with.
The ideal candidate should have experience with the Ethereum (or any other EVM-based) smart contracts platform, ideally having participated on a production-grade DeFi application on the Solidity side. The ideal candidate is excited to help build a quality foundation, drive key decisions early on, and set up the product for long term success.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design/implement secure and reliable apps in Solidity.
- Writing good documentation and giving development support to a DeFi community.
- Internal quality control and audit of smart contracts.
- Work with smart contract engineers to design and implement a functional user-friendly experience with Web3 technologies.
- Collaborate with frontend, backend, and other smart contract engineers.
- Help identify friction points and implement solutions to improve potential bottlenecks in the development process.
- 1.5+ years of relevant experience as a Smart Contract Developer (Solidity or Vyper).
- Passion for the DeFi and Web3 fields.
- Knowledge and experience of test-driven development.
- Familiar with the common Smart Contract vulnerabilities.
- Experience with web3.js or ethers.js, and developing DeFi applications.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset.
- A deep understanding of the architecture of modern Web3 applications and backends.
- English language fluency.
- Able to make informed decisions that require a quick turnaround.
- Able to quickly understand and synthesize complex and nuanced technical information into big-picture, actionable insights.
- Salary range: €100-150k per year
- Remote work and flexible working hours
- 20 days paid holiday
- Front seat into position on working with decentralized financial technologies
- Guaranteed innovation-driven work environment
If you are interested in this offer, please send us your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com