P2P.org is a leading Validator, running over 300+ Nodes, for 25+ Blockchain networks, providing annual yield in respective cryptocurrencies. P2P is backed by 20.000 stakers, securing +$5 Billion assets in staking. P2P.org is an initial developer of Lido DAO that is running about 31% of the Ethereum staking market.
We are looking for a highly motivated, open-minded, and experienced lawyer to join our legal team as a Senior Legal Counsel.
As Legal Counsel, you’ll support P2P.org cryptocurrency staking business as we expand worldwide. In this role, you will interact directly with the business developement, product team and company leadership as you help us navigate the legal and regulatory frameworks relating to the staking business as well as our expansion into key international markets.
You will also be a key contributor to the legal team and to the company as a whole, with the opportunity to work on a wide array of legal matters, including: complex commercial arrangements; corporate governance; M&A activities; intercompany structuring; employment, equity, and compensation matters; and partnering with the compliance team to ensure regulatory compliance of new and existing products. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to play a leading role in the global expansion of a market leading business in a dynamic industry.
- Provide legal support to P2P.org staking business in international markets, including counseling regarding proof-of-stake, staking delegation terms & conditions, compliance and other related issues.
- Keep up-to-date on regulatory and policy developments involving staking, blockchain and digital assets generally; advise on country-specific regulatory requirements, including strategic and legal advice for new products or features.
- Work with the Legal team to manage all regulatory matters (e.g. permits, licenses, registrations), and to adapt any required company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local rules and regulations.
- Support corporate governance and tax matters, such as global mergers and acquisitions (M&A), restructuring, international entity formation, intercompany operating agreements, regulatory filings, board and shareholder actions.
- Support international commercial transactions; liaise with the legal team on negotiation playbooks and contract processes.
- Legal degree with 5+ years of PQE as in-house counsel, and/or at a global law firm with a focus on informational technologies, international markets, M&A, cryptocurrency/blockchain/DLT, and/or emerging technologies in a multi-jurisdictional environment
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency regulations: hands-on experience in the US and European cryptocurrency, securities, and KYC/AML regulations and products is a must
- A deep understanding of the legal structure and regulatory architecture of technology and financial markets with the ability to expertly advise and provide big-picture leadership to internal teams on the strategy, maintenance, development, integration, and kicking-off of new and existing products and solutions
- Hands-on experience in advising business development teams and stakeholders on emerging technologies-related matters
- Passion for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, centralised and decentralised solutions
- An international team of skilled experts
- Remote working from any part of the world to your liking as long as your business hours fit the CET
- Cyprus relocation program or remote work
- Competitive salary paid and excellent international career opportunities
- LTI program
- Well-being & Mental Health support program
- Full tech/equipment set-up, which is relevant to executing tasks
- A high degree of autonomy, no micromanagement
- Ownership culture